Sunday, July 22, 2012

Trigger

After all I have waited for and been through......I trigger tonight. Retrieval is scheduled for Tuesday morning. The RE called me last night to move my appointment from the afternoon to the morning. I totally missed church today. I had to go to where she wanted me to go for blood work as she never got the results from yesterday and I guess wanted to control getting the results. Then we met right after the appointment. It took the blood guy two tries to get blood. I had been stuck each day 8 days in a row. Needless to say my veins were done giving up the juice. 


My E2 levels were 2000 something and I have about 3 follicles on the left and about 8 on the right. I'm not happy with the numbers but overall I just need one. I am excited and terrified at the same time. I am mostly scared by the fact that my husband has to do my progesterone shots. I don't want that man anywhere near me with a needle. He's freaked out just watching me shoot up myself. I can just imagine  the scene. I'll have to let you gals know how that goes. 

7 comments:

  1. Hey there 11 follicles is a good number! Quality over quantity. I learned that the hard way. I am thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure if you knew this or not. On my first ivf I had 23 eggs retrieved, 18 mature and 17 fertilized. I had two decent embryos to transfer on day 5. Having more eggs doesnt mean anything. Infact a good % of people who tend to have alot of eggs usually have quality issues with them.

      Good luck this week!

      Delete
  2. Good luck!! My fingers are crossed for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by for ICLW - best of luck with your cycle. I agree with what Toni said in the comment above, quality over quantity!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi from ICLW! Wishing you the best for this cycle. Will say a prayer for good news and for the peace and strength to get through the weeks ahead. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you all the best on your retrieval tomorrow! I hope your golden egg is in there. :)


    ICLW #51

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here from ICLW

    Good Luck with your retrieval tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete