Thursday, July 19, 2012
As The Fertility Blog Turns
So on this episode of as the fertility blog turns our main star deals with her emotions as her RE not only doesn't call her back about the meds she is suppose to take for the evening nor did she put in the order for the meds I need to start tomorrow, due to the fact that mine runs out today.
Here's the back story. I have had daily appointments since Friday and daily blood draws. I understand this is part of the process and I'm willing to make the sacrifices for the sake of my future child but this RE is gonna make me hurt someone. I spent a good 3 hours crying last night because of her ineptitude. Based on my tentative schedule if all went according to plan I would finish up my stims today and then trigger tomorrow but since my E2 levels and follicles are progressing slowly (supposedly) I need to continue the meds, continue the blood draws and continue those costly appointments.
Before I left her office yesterday afternoon she told me to wait to hear from her before taking my nightly dose and also expect to hear from the pharmacy to pay for my next shipment that she would request be overnighted so they would be here today in time to take tomorrow morning. Well by 8:00 I had not heard from her. I tried calling her office and the usual after hours answering service didn't answer. I tried her cell (went to a full voicemail) and her "Office Manager's" cell phone (straight to a non setup voicemail). I called the pharmacy (Freedom Fertility) before they closed to see if they had my order so I could pay my copay. They had no record of my RE calling in a new prescription so even if she called within that next half hour before they closed there is no way I would have my meds by the end of today to have for my AM dose tomorrow.
I was already in tears by then and was still in tears when I finally got her call about 10pm. So blah blah go ahead and take your same dose, blah blah come in friday instead of thursday and finally blah blah I did call in a new order not sure why they didn't call you or have it. Try again tomorrow morning and just take the meds when they arrive on Friday. After a few more hours of tears and venting to my husband, I just can't believe this situation. I know crappy docs exist. This is my first time having to put my life in someone's hand where I just can't up and go to another doc. I've never had and HMO where I needed a referral to get a second opinion but right now because I'm so far into this cycle I feel like I can't just up and leave.
Here are my questions: Could the slow progressing levels be because I, do indeed, have a cyst? Is it too late to get a second opinion for this cycle or do I need to just ride this one out? How does the push of the dates affect the fact that DH and I have been taking the Doxycycline? Can I call the lab and get my results from them instead of asking the doc? Does a temporary insanity plea apply if it's premeditated?
Until tomorrow... this has been....As The Fertility Blog Turns........