Saturday, July 21, 2012

ICLW Welcome and Update

Hello to those in from the ICLW. A quick background on me and my journey can be found here. But to update from that, I am ::cross fingers:: a few days away from IVF#1 retrieval. It has been a rocky road that I am doing my best to hang on to it. I had to have a new set of meds overnighted as the last dose I had was done Thursday night. I think from Wednesday to Friday, I made over a dozen calls to Freedom and that last call to FedEx was quite scary for the dude on the phone. I think I scared him when I said that it was imperative that my package arrived before 3 as I had medication in that box that I need to take as soon as it arrives. He seemed kind of scared and told me he was contacting the driver. I swear it wasn't even an hour later that the driver was pushing the box at me. 

 I had another scan yesterday and was told I have to have another on Sunday. And get this, the appt will be after the RE get's out of Church. I'm thinking "I have to spend my early morning waiting in the ER for someone to draw my blood because my blood lab is closed on Sunday and may miss my own church service but heaven forbid she misses her service". I am taking this all in stride as I know what is on the line here and what's at stake. So I'll play by whatever rules she's got....for now.



I'm not clear on the number of follicles I have but things are still growing slowly but she thinks that I could have retrieval as early as Tuesday but as late as Wednesday. I'll update more hopefully tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!! Good luck with your scan tomorrow...will be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy, lady! Thanks for the welcome!

    Wishing you tons of good vibes, baby dust, child sauce, all the good stuff..

    And for me at least, egg retrieval was a spectacular nap followed by some awesome pain medication. It'll be glorious, I can feel it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like we are cycling together. I will have my retrieval around Wednesday too for IVF #1, if all goes according to plan (knock on wood). I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news... so glad to hear that all is progressing well :) Thinking of you... grow follies grow :)) FXd for Sunday... cheering you on for your retrieval from Oz xoxo

    ReplyDelete