Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Introduction To My World


I am Theresa. I am 34 and married with 3 kids. When I had my first child it was 7 years before I got pregnant again. While I didn't really gain that much weight with him I did have a bit more time to lose the weight than when I got pregnant with number 3.

My girls are 2 years apart, almost to the day and while I figured I would lose the weight after the first one was born, it was a total shock to find number 3 on the way. So with the weight from number 2 and then the added weight of number 3, I was diagnosed with Diabetes within two months of number 3's birth. I had been battling PCOS and Insulin Resistance for years between number 1 and number 2. So with a Diabetes diagnosis, joint problems, and an expanding weight, enough was enough.

September of 2010, I had Gastric Bypass surgery. In the year and a half since surgery I have lost 100 lbs. I have no desire to lose more and do all that I can to maintain my current weight of 145.

And because my life isn't stressful enough, my husband and I would like to have number 4. But due to a tubal ligation of mine our only option is IVF. Welcome to my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment