Monday, May 14, 2012

How Much Do You Trust Your RE?

I have been in the waiting limbo for two cycles now. It's driving me crazy to just sit in a stall. What's the point of attempting IVF If I'm just gonna sit and wait. I understand, now, that I'm waiting for this cyst to go away my crazy emotional thinking has got me thinking it may be something shady with my RE. Maybe she has other patients that she had rather dealt with or maybe she sees me as a lost cause and just wanna keep milking my money until the very end. I just don't know what to think but I feel vested cause of all the testing I've done and the money shelled out so far.

Last week just before my appointment I got a call from her office asking if I could change my appointment. I had already been changed from Monday to Wednesday. Now they were asking me to change again. When I told them I couldn't change the time then the story then changed to "oh you don't need to come until cycle day one." and my response was "no, I'm suppose to come in to check to see if my cyst is gone so I can start the injectables." After going a few rounds with the office staff, I was transferred to my RE and then went a few rounds with her. She did see me and promptly said that the cyst was still there and call back cycle day one.

While I feel that the doctor wouldn't go forward if there was a hint that something would go wrong, I just can't help but feel that she's trying to delay me. I know it seems stupid to doubt her but I just feel uneasy. Even when she showed me the cyst, I had no idea what I was looking at and I just had to take her at her word but just felt slighted. Maybe its because I was told it's a no go for this cycle. No one wants to hear a no. I would like to start IVF and be just one step closer to my prize. Am I just over-reacting because I'm antsy?

And the bigger question is: How much do YOU trust your RE?

No comments:

Post a Comment