Saturday, June 15, 2013

Answered Questions and Other Updates

Update from my last post, the RE said I should have my transfer this upcoming Wednesday. Also the answers to my questions.

  • The 27 days cycle doesn't matter. The medication is dictating my cycle so it's not a big deal. We are doing a transfer of frozen embryos and it would have only made a difference if it was a full IVF cycle. 
  • My breast sensitivity is all normal. Because of the gastric bypass, I'm being pumped full of extra extra doses of estrogen. So, yup, gonna hurt.
  • He called in my progesterone before I left the office and gave me a week supply to start. 
I'm really excited but at the same time I'm scared that this isn't gonna work and I'll be done. We aren't gonna try again so with this being my last shot I don't even want to get my hopes up. I almost wish I had two embryos left. At least then I would feel a little better. You know that age old expression "never put all your eggs in one basket" well that's what it feels like. My only egg in one basket going on a roller coaster and it's gotta make it to the end of the ride.

In other news, school is officially out for my other children. Two will be going to all-day daycare and they will get to go on field trips and do fun things while I'm stuck at work. The older ones goes for his driver's licence next week so I'm sure we won't see him much this summer.

I has signed up to take a summer class for grad school but it was cancelled due to low enrollment. So it's just me and my musings for the summer. I hope to be able to post more interesting (non fertility) things.

No comments:

Post a Comment