Friday, August 10, 2012

IVF #1 a bust


As the title reads my beta resulted in a BFN.

It wasn't a shock to me I was just ready to hear the news so I can figure out what to do next. The RE suggested another fresh cycle. I wasn't sure as I still have that one frozen embryo. I decided to call my insurance company to see how things were covered with the fresh and frozen cycles. They still consider frozen an attempt.

I have some hard choices to make. I have a 5-day blast and I love that. I wanted to do a 5-day any way but I only have 1. Do I take my chances with the 5-day or try again with her, knowing that she's gonna try and have me do a 3-day again? Do I get forceful and demand a 5-day? Do I leave her altogether for a bigger clinic? If I leave I have to tell her to cancel the prior authorization with the insurance company so the new clinic that get authorization for the two rounds I have left. I don't want her to be pissed and drag her feet. Also, would it mean leaving my frosty behind or will the new clinic be able to get it?

Anyone who has read this blog longer than 2 days knows about the troubles I have had with her office. I do believe she knows what she is doing but I question some of her actions and the fact that she's the only 'person' in her practice. I want to be able to call someone and talk to someone. I want to feel that I am making decision and being a part of my fertility not find out stuff after the fact, like how I found out ICSI was used and don't think there was a real reason to do so.

I have a lot of thinking to do.

PS. Is it bad that I am excited that I found a image to represent BFN?

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a bunch of great questions and things to consider. I am sorry this cycle didn't work out, but having a 5 day blast is very promising. Also, why will your doctor push you to have three day transfer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not so much as pushing but more so insisting. I remember asking about a 5-day but I can't seem to remember why she insisted on the 3-day. All I know is I was not happy.

      Delete
  2. I am very sorry to hear that it did not work for you. A lot for you to think about moving forward. Would you have to travel far if you went to a larger clinic? Maybe have a consultation with a larger clinic before making your decision?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ironically, there are 2 other clinics in my area. One is a little farther than the 30 mins I travel now but the one I preferred to go to is right at my job. I actually work for a University affiliated with a hospital and one of their services is the IVF program but when I went I came into this process I only wanted to look into tubal reversal but my place didn't do reversals. But she went ahead and got insurance approval before I was told I couldn't get reversal so I kinda stayed.

      Delete
  3. Ugh sorry this one didn't work out for you. I am sure once you make your decision on what you want to do you will feel better. I hate being in limbo land.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry this wasn't the month for you, but on the bright side, I love the BFN image you found. ; )

    I definitely think it would be good to get a second opinion, especially if you're having doubts about your RE and you only have a few rounds of IVF that are covered by insurance.

    ReplyDelete