Friday, August 10, 2012
IVF #1 a bust
As the title reads my beta resulted in a BFN.
It wasn't a shock to me I was just ready to hear the news so I can figure out what to do next. The RE suggested another fresh cycle. I wasn't sure as I still have that one frozen embryo. I decided to call my insurance company to see how things were covered with the fresh and frozen cycles. They still consider frozen an attempt.
I have some hard choices to make. I have a 5-day blast and I love that. I wanted to do a 5-day any way but I only have 1. Do I take my chances with the 5-day or try again with her, knowing that she's gonna try and have me do a 3-day again? Do I get forceful and demand a 5-day? Do I leave her altogether for a bigger clinic? If I leave I have to tell her to cancel the prior authorization with the insurance company so the new clinic that get authorization for the two rounds I have left. I don't want her to be pissed and drag her feet. Also, would it mean leaving my frosty behind or will the new clinic be able to get it?
Anyone who has read this blog longer than 2 days knows about the troubles I have had with her office. I do believe she knows what she is doing but I question some of her actions and the fact that she's the only 'person' in her practice. I want to be able to call someone and talk to someone. I want to feel that I am making decision and being a part of my fertility not find out stuff after the fact, like how I found out ICSI was used and don't think there was a real reason to do so.
I have a lot of thinking to do.
PS. Is it bad that I am excited that I found a image to represent BFN?